Geisinger is seeking a BC/BE Endocrinology physician, dedicated to patient-centered, high quality medical care, to join our growing Endocrinology team at Geisinger Community Medical Center in Scranton, PA.
The Endocrinology practice is primarily outpatient, with opportunities to participate in multidisciplinary clinics (such as Neuroendocrine & High Risk Osteoporosis), work closely with skilled pituitary and head/neck surgeons, and perform ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration biopsies. Diabetes care is provided utilizing a team-based approach alongside Advanced Practice Providers and on-site Certified Diabetes Educators and Nutritionists.
Endocrinology at Geisinger:
• High quality, innovative patient-centric care
• 100% subspecialty endocrinology clinical practice
• Professional continuous glucose sensor usage and interpretation
• Insulin pumps, glucose sensors, electronic glucose meter download capability
• Thyroid fine needle aspiration
We take pride in the support we provide our physicians:
• Opportunities for professional growth, teaching, and participation in clinical and
• Excellent highly competitive benefit package, including relocation and malpractice coverage with tail
• Opportunity for forgivable loans, fellowship stipend, and medical school repayment
• Optimal work life balance: Outpatient based, with no weekend rounding
• Strong nursing and administrative support
• Competitive straight salary model linked to quality and value versus productivity measures
• Fully integrated electronic health record (Epic)
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout PA and southern NJ. Our physician-led system is comprised of 32,000 employees, including 1,800 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
GEISINGER-COMMUNITY MEDICAL CENTER (G-CMC), Scranton, Pa., is an acute care hospital licensed for 297 beds and houses the only Level II Trauma Center in Lackawanna County and Scranton’s only neurosurgery program and adult in-patient behavioral health unit. It is also home to comprehensive cardiovascular and orthopaedic services, as well as a broad range of other surgical and radiological services.
If you are ready to make the impact on health care that you were meant to, then please contact Deanna Reed, Talent Management, at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-271-7202
Geisinger | The future of Healthcare is in you.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver.
** We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.