Providence is calling a Hospice Social Worker (Full Time, Days) to Providence Sound HomeCare and Hospice in Olympia, Washington.
The schedule for this role is M-F, 8am-4:30pm. Average caseload is 28, visiting 2-4 patients and their families per day within Thurston County.
In this position you will:
- Enable patients and their families to recover or maintain optimal levels of physical, mental, and psychosocial well being.
- Use your exceptional communication skills to help patients and families deal with the impact of illness, extended care placement, or end-of-life planning.
- Provide psychosocial assessment, counseling, and discharge planning for long term care.
- Implement social work treatment plans and documentation consistent with insurance guidelines.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the patient-care team to ensure successful care management.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in Social Work from an accredited school
- Active license in Washington State under new counseling guidelines
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Valid driver's license and insured, reliable vehicle
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Prior social work experience in a hospital, hospice or palliative care setting
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Sound HomeCare and Hospice, in Olympia, Washington, is a home health and hospice ministry serving patients in their places of residence throughout Mason, Lewis and Thurston counties in Washington state. Our team brings the Providence tradition of excellence into the home setting, and work together with physicians, patients, family members and insurance providers to meet each patient's unique needs. Providence Sound HomeCare and Hospice is a non-profit, state licensed and Medicare certified agency.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Social Work / Care Management / Counseling
Req ID: 154528