Kadlec has an exciting opportunity for a Medical Technologist \(MT\) / Medical Laboratory Scientist \(MLS\) to join our growing team\!
Shift Details: Per Diem\. Variable shifts\.
- Bachelor's Degree in chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science from an accredited educational institution or equivalent education credits that meet Medical Technology certification required\.
- Current certification as a Medical Technologist \(MT\), Medical Laboratory Scientist \(MLS\), or Clinical Laboratory Scientist \(CLS\) registered with NCA, ASCLS, AAB, NAACLS, ASCP or HHS or certification eligible required\. Must meet CLIA Regulations\.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
As a Medical Technologist \(MT\) / Medical Laboratory Scientist \(MLS\) you perform a variety of medical laboratory tests to provide data for use in diagnosis and treatment of diseases follows established standards and practices and performs related duties as assigned\.
- Analyzes patient specimens by performing routine and special diagnostic medical laboratory tests and verifies results following department protocols\.
- Performs and reports quality control on all instrumentation before reporting test results following established quality control policies and procedures\.
- Performs preventative maintenance on a variety of instruments and equipment and documents appropriately\.
- Verifies all normal and abnormal results, correlates abnormal test results with other patient data, seeks pathologist or supervisor consultation if necessary, and notifies appropriate medical staff of test results\.
- Identifies patient blood specimens and performs manual test for blood banking procedures following department protocol\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —
Provide safe compassionate care\. We promise to answer the call of every person we serve; to know them, care for them and ease their way\. We are committed to safety, compassion, respect, integrity, stewardship, excellence and collaboration\.
Located in sunny Tri\-Cities, WA, Kadlec is the largest non\-profit healthcare provider in the region\. Kadlec is the premier choice for customer service excellence, providing compassionate healthcare to the region by combining cutting\-edge technology and innovation with evidence\-based, patient\-focused care\. Kadlec is proud to be part of Planetree \(Planetree\.org\) and continues to be recognized nationally as a "Best in Class Employer"\. Kadlec does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Law\. EOE\.To learn more, click here: http://www\.kadlec\.org/careers/about\-kadlec
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Lab \(Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist\)
Req ID: 138161