Swedish Edmonds is looking for a Registered Nurse Administrative Supervisor \(Per Diem, Variable\) to work at Swedish Edmonds in Edmonds, WA\.
The RN Administrative Supervisor provides operational supervision on assigned shift through resource allocation, patient placement and problem\-solving to ensure that quality patient care is delivered in accordance with organizational mission and vision\.
In this position you will:
- Supervise and coordinate activities of nursing personnel to maintain continuity of round\-the\-clock nursing care
- Participate in shift report, evaluates the effectiveness of patient care, gives advice on specific nursing problems, serve as a resource for clinical management and staff, interpret hospital policy and procedures, assist in placing patients appropriately when necessary, and make rounds on each unit
- Assist in securing personnel for current and following shifts and coordinating available personnel to meet needs for current shift
- Assist other departments by interpreting hospital policy and procedures, initiating fire or disaster plans if necessary in the absence of the administrator, scheduling and coordinating emergency surgery cases during designated hours, working with admitting department to maximize patient placement and avoiding delays
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing Baccalaureate degree \(BSN\) from an accredited school of nursing
- Applicants without a BSN degree must actively pursue and attain a BSN within five years of hire\. Continued employment by Swedish beyond five years is contingent upon attaining the BSN degree\. Registered Nurses employed by Swedish prior to December 1, 2012 are encouraged to pursue the BSN degree, but obtaining the degree will not be a condition of employment
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse \(RN\) in the State of Washington
- Current Basic Life Support \(BLS\) certification required within 30 days of hire
- Minimum 5 years of clinical experience with two years of progressively responsible, recent management or supervisory experience in an acute\-care facility or related work experience
- Knowledge of JCAHO, state, federal and local requirements and regulations
About the Edmonds Campus\.
Swedish/Edmonds \(formerly Stevens Hospital\) has been providing sound and thoughtful care for patients in the greater Seattle area for more than 45 years\. We pride ourselves in employing only the most qualified and caring professionals\. We are not simply a hospital or a workplace\. We are a family\. We are a community\. Our mission is to improve the health and well\-being of the community through local, high\-quality and compassionate health care services\. On Sept\. 1, 2010, Stevens joined the Swedish family and became Swedish/Edmonds to create an innovative, regional health\-care delivery network that provides more local services, while giving residents greater access to the latest medical treatments and the comprehensive services of the Swedish system\.
The Swedish/Edmonds campus includes:
- 217 licensed beds
- 450 of the most qualified physicians and specialists on medical staff
- 1,400 staff including clinical and non\-clinical personnel
- Full scope of medical and surgical services, including Level IV Trauma emergency medicine, diagnostic, treatment and support services
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Nursing \- Other
Req ID: 154112